Saturday, April 4, 2020
A Social Distancing 5K to Rally Support of Children and Families
With a mission to restore children and families from trauma through Jesus Christ, Wellroot Family Services wants to bring people together to raise awareness of the foster care system, while still maintaining social distancing. That’s why we’re sponsoring the Stay Away 5K, the first social distancing 5K to bring biological, kinship, and foster families together, even in the midst of the Coronavirus!
Here’s how it works:
- Register for the 5K here (It only costs $25, and you get a T-shirt!)
- Sign-up to help raise funds for children in foster care using the online fundraising portal
- Use an app like RunKeeper to map out a 5K run in your neighborhood, park, etc.
- On Saturday, April 4, join us live on Facebook for our opening ceremonies at 8:00 AM
- Run your 5K any time between 8:30 AM and 2:00 PM
- Follow all CDC guidelines for Social Distancing
- Upload your race map and time to social media, tag Wellroot Family Services (make sure your post is public), and use the hashtag #stayaway5K
- Closing ceremonies will be live on Facebook at 2:30 PM
Wellroot Family Services
Wellroot Family Services is one of Georgia’s leading faith-centered family services organizations. As an agency of The United Methodist Church in North Georgia, Wellroot Family Services’ programs, including Foster Care, Transitional and Independent Living and Family Housing, were designed with the belief that every child deserves a loving, compassionate, nurturing home. With a focus on supporting youth from infancy through early adulthood, Wellroot helps people reach their God-given potential through the encouragement and love of a healthy home.